Friday 3 October 2014

Incoming Books #1


All incoming books this week are internet second-hand shopped. Having recently sorted out my shelves and discovered just how many TBR books I have I should be more restrained ... Not going to happen though!


  • Eye For An Eye, Frank Muir: This is a Scottish crime thriller, and I'm really loving Scottish crime novels at the moment. Just started reading the Rebus novels and James Oswald's series is one of my favourites.
  • Cold Spring Harbour, Richard Yates. I have previously enjoyed two of Yates' books; Revolutionary Road and The Easter Parade. Having exhausted the Yates novels the library have available I bought this when a cheap copy appeared.
  • The Weed That Strings The Hangman's Bag, Alan Bradley. Second of the Flavia De Luce series. She's a precocious child amateur sleuth and the first book was a lot of fun to read.
  • The Shadow Of The Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon. People who love books are supposed to adore this, heard a lot of good things on blogs and podcasts and I keep seeing the second of the series in charity shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment